An Official Request: Pumpkin Almond Bread


Hey-o.



I made this bread for my grandmother for her birthday on Monday.  After studying for a Tuesday exam all day, I wanted to make something.  My grandmother told my uncle about the bread, and once I returned to Alexandria on Wednesday, my aunt put in “an official request” to make some.  I invented the recipe on Monday, and now I’ve put it in writing.

Pumpkin Almond Bread

1 1/2 cups pumpkin (or more)
2 T-1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup agave nectar
1 teaspoon almond extract

1 cup brown rice flour
1 cup teff flour
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves

1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.  Grease a 9x4x4-inch loaf pan.

In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients and the chunks.  In a large glass measuring cup, whisk together the wet ingredients.  Add wet to dry and mix well (watch out for unmixed pockets).  Add more pumpkin bit by bit if mixture seems too dry.  Transfer to pan and bake for 60-65 minutes.  When a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean, it’s done.  Cool in the pan for ten minutes, remove from the pan, and cool completely on a rack.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ave Atque Vale