Juice Fasting | Juice Recipes

I'm in the midst of a juice fast. I don't have a juicer, just a Vitamix, so it's more I'm on an "obliterated fruits and veggies" fast. While checking out Khepra's Raw Food Juice Bar online recently, I found their juice fast instructions. Says I, I've got a Vitamix and some cash to spend on raw materials.  Off I went in hopes of resetting my portion size concept and purify my diet.









Khepra prescribes coconut water and almond or coconut milk for breakfast. I created this almond mylk (I like Ani Phyo's spelling) which, while not 100 per cent raw, is frickin' delicious. It is not "overcooked by cathode rays."

Almond Date Breakfast Mylk

1 cup almonds, soaked overnight and drained
1 cup dates, soaked overnight and drained
1 1/2 cups filtered water
1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or more water)
2 teaspoons maca powder

Blitz everything in high-speed blender or until evenly combined.  Makes about two 16-ounce servings.




Another favourite juice so far is parsnip-pear-apple-ginger-jicama.

2-3 cups filtered water
3 parsnips, peeled
1 cup jicama, peeled and cubed
2 small apples, cored
1 pear, cored
1-inch chunk of ginger, peeled

Blitz everything in high-speed blender until fruit skin disappears.  Makes about four 16-ounce servings.




Parting shots:
Juice for a day on the first day: two green juices, two carrot-jicama-pear juices, coconut water, almond and cashew nog, kombucha







Dinner: green juice reblended with a little warm water and coconut butter because OF COURSE I chose to do a mostly raw juice fast on the week the temp drops to zero.


Hey, look, it's Edgar Allan Poe's grave!  This Goth grrl has been there, done that.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ave Atque Vale