HEY, NEW SITE!

Visit us at http://gothicgranola.com for current posts!

09 January 2014

Juice Fasting | Juice Recipes

I'm in the midst of a juice fast. I don't have a juicer, just a Vitamix, so it's more I'm on an "obliterated fruits and veggies" fast. While checking out Khepra's Raw Food Juice Bar online recently, I found their juice fast instructions. Says I, I've got a Vitamix and some cash to spend on raw materials.  Off I went in hopes of resetting my portion size concept and purify my diet.









Khepra prescribes coconut water and almond or coconut milk for breakfast. I created this almond mylk (I like Ani Phyo's spelling) which, while not 100 per cent raw, is frickin' delicious. It is not "overcooked by cathode rays."

Almond Date Breakfast Mylk

1 cup almonds, soaked overnight and drained
1 cup dates, soaked overnight and drained
1 1/2 cups filtered water
1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or more water)
2 teaspoons maca powder

Blitz everything in high-speed blender or until evenly combined.  Makes about two 16-ounce servings.




Another favourite juice so far is parsnip-pear-apple-ginger-jicama.

2-3 cups filtered water
3 parsnips, peeled
1 cup jicama, peeled and cubed
2 small apples, cored
1 pear, cored
1-inch chunk of ginger, peeled

Blitz everything in high-speed blender until fruit skin disappears.  Makes about four 16-ounce servings.




Parting shots:
Juice for a day on the first day: two green juices, two carrot-jicama-pear juices, coconut water, almond and cashew nog, kombucha







Dinner: green juice reblended with a little warm water and coconut butter because OF COURSE I chose to do a mostly raw juice fast on the week the temp drops to zero.


Hey, look, it's Edgar Allan Poe's grave!  This Goth grrl has been there, done that.