Gothic Granola Exercise Playlist, Version 20.16

I have been making the same carb-a-licious muffins lately, so how about something different? Another exercise playlist, perhaps? Yes!

 



I miss my squirrel "training partners" (and I did bribe them with peanuts) and my outdoor exercise space sometimes.

 



N.B.: Title is a reference to the first track on Terror Night Vol. 2 Sounds of the Dead Future, "Disorder (v20.16 Harsh Edition)" by Reactor7x.

Some caveats: 

  • This is mostly the music I listened to this summer and the list is entirely dictated by my tastes.  Get your Top 40 fix somewhere else, sheep. :-p

  • However, I used science to create a playlist based on BPM (beats per minute), including a warmup, cooldown, and alternating fast and slower intervals.  It'll motivate you during weightlifting, but it's better suited for HIIT (high intensity interval training).

  • How did I calculate BPM?  My tuner/metronome is still in storage, so I used this website.

  • Could I make a workout playlist out of entirely Third Realm songs?  Yes...don't judge me.  I limited myself to two songs here.  Such a playlist would be better for doing yoga or pilates, anyway. Actually, if I were going to make a yoga/pilates Goth/Industrial/darkwave/"not the alt-nation stuff your yoga teacher plays in class" playlist, it'd include Zola Jesus, Third Realm, and various operatic metal songs, but that's another topic for another post.

  • I am not a DJ.  There is no beat-matching; that's not the point of this playlist. (Beat-matching is also a "good" way to tire out people on the dance floor, and so I am very much against it.)


First song is Ludovico Technique's "Dead Inside," because--I don't know about you--but I'm usually pretty "dead inside" until I exercise. Unlike some corporate (white collar) wellness tactics, lunchtime exercise is a clinically-proven way to increase worker productivity.

[embeddoc url="http://gothicgranola.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/GG-Workout-Playlist-HIIT_Version-2.xlsx.pdf"]

 

YouTube here and below (I take ZERO responsibility for images in videos and ads)


 

I tested this playlist with a FitnessBlender challenge.

The gym at the condos where I live experienced some flooding on the lower floors (reasons unknown), so there will be no more uber-Goth workouts in the dark, scary aerobics room.  I jump around in my unit instead.  I'm looking into floor mats for Xmas!

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ave Atque Vale

Grilled Leek Colcannon