On Hold: Chocolate Pumpkin Peanut Butter Soup

Whew!  I feel like I’ve been putting my life on hold.  It’s still on hold 'til I write one more final tomorrow.  Until I can answer the call, though, here’s a recipe, which I ate with pumpkin bread.




Pumpkin Chocolate Peanut Butter Soup

22 ounces pumpkin puree (16-ounce can plus about 6 ounces I had frozen)
12 ounces unsweetened almond milk
fresh ginger, grated
1 clove garlic, grated
cayenne to taste
3/4 cup unadulterated chunky peanut butter
1/4 cup Dutch process cocoa
2 cups water
1 16-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 bunch rainbow chard, beribboned
2 more cups water

In a large saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the pumpkin and the almond milk.  Grate in the ginger and garlic.  Stir in the cayenne.  Bring the mixture to a simmer and stir in the peanut butter until it is completely melted.  Whisk in the cocoa and 2 cups of water.  Bring mixture to a boil.  Add the beans, chard, and more water.  Cook at a pretty high simmer until the chard is wilted, about ten to fifteen minutes.  Add more water if it’s too thick for ya.



It doesn’t photograph well, but hey, it’s the phone camera.  By the bye, my life is literally on hold since I accidentally doused my phone on Monday.  Talk about a wake-up call for learning just how much I appreciate having a smartphone.  Let's not focus on lack, though; I have gained some lovely, still walks with the freedom found in unreachability.

Soon,
Q

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ave Atque Vale