Hot Doggerel

My dad and I grilled supper yesterday and we had hot dogs with chili.  Before you even think for a second that my dad would eat tofu pups, just stop right there.  Dad had beef franks and I had tofu pups.  Actually, Lightlife’s Veggie Protein Links that I bought on Tuesday are GF, but the website does not reflect this.  I'm looking at the package right now and I see no gluten, but always, always, always read labels, people!  Formulae change with the vicissitudes of food manufacturing.





Barbeque Bean Chili
Modified from http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sandra-lee/barbecue-bean-chili-dogs-recipe/index.html
and http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/chicken-or-steak-with-balsamic-bbq-sauce-recipe/index.html

6 ounces balsamic barbeque sauce
1 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes in tomato juice
2 tablespoons chili seasoning (preferably without salt, but do what you can)
1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed (I used maple sugar)
1 tablespoon yellow mustard (I used dijon)

In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine all the ingredients.  Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low.  Simmer for 20-30 minutes until desired consistency is reached.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ave Atque Vale