Zucchini Cake | Synchronicity Eight Days a Week

Last week's synchronicity went from Sunday to Sunday.


IMG_2091



We played in the creek at Lefthand Canyon and began musing about the Lefthand path; doesn't the LHP connote evil? No, once I read the Wikipedia article, I learned the LHP originates with Tantra. Because of what it means (read the article), it's part of LaVeyan Satanism.


Wondering what the Hebrew letters on the Sigil of Baphomet meant, the next day I tried to translate them since I can read a little Biblical Hebrew. I'll remember things better if I have to work them out for myself.


After reading Leviathan לִוְיָתָן, I remembered it as one of the vocabulary words in the last chapter for my one semester of Biblical Hebrew, the halfway chapter in the ever-rarer Thomas O. Lambdin's An Introduction to Biblical Hebrew.

Later in the day, I saw on Instagram that @veganmayhem liked one of my photos. I checked out her profile: she's from NJ, vegan, and a metalhead. Q is from NJ, vegan, and into Goth/Industrial.

While looking through her feed, I saw a Baphomet cake for some friends' birthdays. I then began to follow her on IG.

Later, she comments on one of my photos and tells me I'm her 666th follower. Hail Satan.

This cake has nothing to do with synchronicity, Lefthand Brewery (walking distance from my apartment, not that I care), Lambdin, or Satansim. It's simple and delicious.


IMG_6516


Zucchini Bundt Cake

Modified from Betcha Can't Eat Just One

  •  3 cups shredded zucchini (1 huge zucchini)

  • 3 tablespoons organic sugar

  • 1 teaspoon sea salt



  • 1 cup coconut sugar

  • 1/2 cup warm water

  • 2 tablespoons psyllium husk

  • 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted



  • 2 cups sorghum flour

  • 1 cup white rice flour

  • 1 teaspoon xanthan gum

  • 1 teaspoon baking soda

  • 3/4 tsp baking powder


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Oil and tapioca-dust a large Bundt pan.

Mix shredded zucchini, the 3 tablespoons of organic sugar, and salt in a sieve or colander set over a large bowl and put aside.

In a large measuring cup, whisk together coconut sugar, water, psyllium husk, and coconut oil until fully combined.

In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.

Press the excess liquid out of the zucchini (use a paper towel to squeeze the maximum amount of water).

Fold the zucchini into the dry ingredients, and add the wet ingredients in three additions. Mix until the zucchini is thoroughly distributed.

Transfer the batter to the pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean and the cake springs back to the touch.

IMG_6513

Cool in the pan for an hour before inverting onto a plate.

Frost (or not) and enjoy!

IMG_6519

The next Sunday, I saw this poster at the flea market: Satan lifts in Colorado.


IMG_2124


Then I bought an Ouija board from a thrift store (sans planchette), one of the boards which was made in Baltimore in the 1930s. Last year I had lunch with a Satanist friend near where William Fuld first manufactured Ouija boards.


IMG_6522


The devil is in the details.

Comments

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts responsibly.

Popular posts from this blog

Ave Atque Vale