WPBB & Writing | Reflections on NaNoWriMo

I spent a good part of 2013 and early 2014 proofreading a novella for a former co-worker, and he self-published it a few months ago. Read it! White Plastic Butterfly Barette by Erin Willis.

 NaNoWriMo 2014 | Gothic Granola

There's some part of WPBB on the ground in this photo, amongst all my other books (mostly religion books) from August 2013.



 

So I did NaNoWriMo this month. Totally did not get to 50,000 words. But hey, I did work on my short story every day and I primed the creative pump with good movies and books. Can't draw up water when the well is dry. I will finish the story in the time it takes, especially because about halfway through the month, I had a flash of insight for the ending. I love writing and I keep seeking jobs that involve frequent writing. Gotta keep them skills sharp. Writing this short story, which is speculative fiction, also brought up ideas and inspiration for my *cough* eight-years-in-the-making speculative fiction novel. All's I have to say about the story is the Zohar and certain aspects of Jewish mysticism inspired me creatively, as well as academically.

 

Next month's creative project is Solstice goodies, hanging bits of wire, beads, and clay of some type. 

 

I'm also amateurly archiving TC's paternal great-great-great grandfather's collection of 1890s opera, play, and glee club programs from the US and Europe. Totally different to archive on your own versus with the resources of an institution.

Writing | Gothic Granola

 

What, no recipe?! Sacrilege! I haven't been cooking many interesting dishes, other than repeat apple pie with better crust this time.

 

Writing | Gothic Granola

 

Happy Thanksgiving!

Comments

  1. WPBB & Writing | Reflections on NaNoWriMo | Gothic Granola http://t.co/o9ytW8gNRG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was TC's grandfather a singer ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, just a theatre enthusiast.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts responsibly.

Popular posts from this blog

Ave Atque Vale