Protein Cookie Bars

These peanut butter oatmeal protein balls have been taking over the interwebs. I put my own twist on the recipes found in Dr. Phoenyx's Instagram and Gimme Some Oven.

 

I'm not a fan of the Sunwarrior raw vanilla protein I bought a while back. It's extremely grassy-tasting, and is best hidden in a very fruity smoothie. If I had another sweeter protein powder, I'd use it in this recipe. I added hot water because it was what I had on hand to make the bars come together, and it melted the chocolate chips to bind the ingredients.

 

Protein Cookie Bars

1 cup GF rolled oats

1/2 cup coconut flour

1/4 cup chia seeds

1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

1 scoop vegan protein powder

1/2 cup unsalted, unsweetened peanut butter

1/2 cup warm water

1/3 cup agave nectar (I used vegan honey)

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

 

Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.

In a small bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.

Add all the wet ingredients and mix very, very well until everything is combined.

Scoop the mixture into the loaf pan and smooth out to an even layer.

Freeze until firm. Cut into 12 squares and keep frozen until ready to serve.

 

 

 

Cookie Protein Bars | Gothic Granola

 

Cookie Protein Bars | Gothic Granola

 

Parting shots:

This week, I made Sacrifice Bars

Cookie Protein Bars | Gothic Granola

and ascended to level 30 veganism by creating the binding mixture with almond butter, peanut butter, water, coconut sugar, psyllium husk, and tapioca starch. The bars weren't as crispy as I wanted, but they're still tasty.

Cookie Protein Bars | Gothic Granola I also made pumpkin donuts with the last can of Thanksgiving pumpkin puree.

Comments

  1. Rebecca Snow liked this on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Power up your weekend with these #vegan #glutenfree protein cookie bars! http://t.co/rMAViKOHiu

    ReplyDelete
  3. RT @GothicGranola: Power up your weekend with these #vegan #glutenfree protein cookie bars! http://t.co/rMAViKOHiu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann Kerr liked this on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts responsibly.

Popular posts from this blog

Ave Atque Vale

Grilled Leek Colcannon