Faux Pho and Into It/Over It

Faux Pho: a TC special instead of going out to eat

Yes, I know that "pho," the Vietnamese noodle soup, does not rhyme with "faux." This recipe is also hardly authentic. Sue me.

faux pho vegan gluten-free | gothic granola

A trip to Lucky's to get ingredients (and special Beyond Meat grilled chicken-free strips) was easier than going to Kim's Food to Go in Boulder. It's my favourite place to eat in Boulder-land.



[yumprint-recipe id='22'] faux pho vegan gluten-free | gothic granola

I saved about 3 cups of plain broth for my next soup venture.

faux pho vegan gluten-free | gothic granola

Let's play a game I just made up: Into it/Over it (because negatives without positives are just pointless...I'm not talking about electrons.) This is the girly products edition. I don't write Gothic Granola for females, but everything that's pissed me off lately seems to involve products marketed towards or meant for female-bodied people.

Over it: Alaffia "Everyday Shea" cosmetic and body care products


Weaksauce lipbalm, watery lotion, drying and frying shampoo and ineffective conditioner = not on my shower caddy. Yes, proceeds support a VERY good cause, but subpar products have turned me off to the brand.

Into it: ???


I'm using St. Ives bodywash and Nature's Gate lotion at the moment. While the SI vanilla bodywash appears to be animal-free, the parent company, Unilever, does test on animals. Boo.

Over it: Incredible by Victoria's Secret Sports Bra (front-close, 2014 model)


I'm done with my 2014 "Incredible" sports bra. It lacks support for HIIT (that may be because I lost weight) and it's a bitch to wash and dry after a workout to prevent stankiness.  Plus, WTF is with a padded sportsbra? Seriously? Gaining a cup size does nothing for my workout! My husband asks me enough questions about whether I got creeped on by the neighbours while working out in the grove; let's not give anyone any reasons...

Into it: Champion Women's Absolute Workout Sports Bra and Gore Essential Lady Crop Top


Because wearing this combination is almost as good as a binder. Both products are synthetic, easily rinsed and dried, and don't hold stankiness like the more padded VS productions. The Champion bra is also on ridiculous sale on Amazon as of this writing.

Over it: Natracare Pantyliners


Can't stand the heat, get out of your...underwear? 'Nuff said. Too biodegradable. Their adult version of babywipes are good for camping, though: sturdy package, no cloying scent.

Into it: Lunette Menstrual Cup (Amazon)


If you have a human female set of reproductive organs, you spend a lot of money in your lifetime on feminine hygiene products. A menstrual cup is more cost effective and results in less landfill waste than pads and tampons, yet it is gross as fuck to insert and take out (because menstruation is always a massacre in one's pants). If you're really hippie-dippy, you can "harvest" your menstrual blood and, say, fertilize your garden (that Vice article has all these great euphemisms for menstruation). Using a menstrual cup inspired me to write a wretched lesbian vampire-on-human scene for my novel, grossing out my husband.

You saw it here first: Vampire shot glass.


vampire shot glass {gothic granola} Lunette_menstrual_cup_OrangeD wmcommons

Comments

  1. Make this quick #vegan #glutenfree pho and read my reviews of girly products http://t.co/Gw1g34ghaH

    ReplyDelete
  2. RT @GothicGranola: Make this quick #vegan #glutenfree pho and read my reviews of girly products http://t.co/Gw1g34ghaH

    ReplyDelete
  3. […] This is the “Gothic” edition of my editorial game “Into It/Over It” since the previous instance was the “granola” edition. […]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts responsibly.

Popular posts from this blog

Ave Atque Vale

Grilled Leek Colcannon