Z.3


For lack of a better term, I’m calling this next dish a seed butter.  Since I used mammoth zucchini and summer squash for the cake and pie, I scraped out the seeds because they would have added too much volume.  The internets didn’t have much in the way of a recipe for roasted summer squash seeds.  I sautéed the innards of a giant squash and a giant zucchini in the same pan as I used to saute the zukes for the Z-pie.  Then I Vitamixed them (“to Vitamix” has become a verb in my world, much like “to Google” something is a verb).


Zucchini and Summer Squash Seed Butter

1 teaspoon olive oil
2 cups zucchini and summer squash innards, chopped into 2-inch chunks

Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.  Add the zucchini and squash innards.  Sautee until the pieces  begin to turn translucent and release their vital fluids, about 8 minutes.  Transfer to a blender or food processor and process until liquid.






It smells pretty bland, and it’d be a good base for a soup or pasta sauce.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ave Atque Vale