Basic Sweet Potato Oven Fries

Today's quote: "The ghosts you chase you never catch." --John Malkovich

the ghosts you chase sweet potato fries vegan gluten-free | gothic granolaSource

In looking for an image suited for this quote (or one of those pin-able quote images"), I found a metal song by the same name. Go watch it and support an emerging band with your views.



My favorite John Malkovich film is Shadow of the Vampire, because Nosferatu is one of my all-time favourite films. I'm not just saying that because I'm Goth, either; I legitimately enjoy the German Impressionist take on Dracula. John Malkovich, my friend Gentile, and TC all share the same birthdate: 9 December. I found this quote in Finding Water today, the third book in The Artist's Way trilogy by Julia Cameron. My guess is that Cameron selected this quote (from a longer piece) for the chapter called "Uncovering a Sense of Balance" to support her point that artists don't necessarily thrive on competition. If, as an artist, you work to fulfill your "ego-driven notions [such] as being 'fascinating' and 'brilliant,'" then you're 1) letting yourself be vulnerable to all kinds of artistic blocks and fits of low confidence, what with those kinds of high stakes, and 2) losing the sense of art for art's sake (Cameron 110).

Why did I pick up The Artist's Way again, even after I've been consistent in writing nightly for the last few months? I want to keep up the momentum on my vampire series.

Hence, since my focus is elsewhere, here's another one of those basic recipes that I can't believe people don't know how to make. Then again, I went to a top research university and some kids there were helpless in the kitchen. Everyone has their strengths, right (and everyone has to eat, too)?

My mom has made sweet potato oven fries since forever (or as long as I've been alive). Her recipe includes salt and parmesan cheese, but obviously I don't use those ingredients.

 basic sweet potato oven fries | vegan gluten-free | gothic granola

[yumprint-recipe id='13'] Parting Shots:

Went to Denver yesterday to hang out with one of my few friends from college. This is the very tasty (and generously portioned) veggie pho at Karma Asian Cuisine.

pho | gothic granola

I found the Devil's Eye! (Name that reference!) the devil's eye alien skull | gothic granola
I made oatmeal cookies that were a tad heavy on the oatmeal tonight, at TC's request.

oatmeal cookies vegan gluten-free | gothic granola

What ghosts are you chasing?

Comments

  1. When you want #sweetpotatoes, and there's no one right way... #vegan #glutenfree http://t.co/tKbUofbp7m

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts responsibly.

Popular posts from this blog

Ave Atque Vale

Grilled Leek Colcannon