Hippie-dippy Lentil Loaf

OMG! It's a hippie lentil loaf!

lentil loaf vegan gluten-free | gothic granola

Miriam at Mouthwatering Vegan created this Epic Veggie Loaf. I have nothing to add other than my substitutions:

Increased to 1/4 cup ground flaxseed, no applesauce, used a red-green-black lentil blend that I soaked for half of the day before cooking, increased to 2 tablespoons chia seeds, and almond meal instead of pecans.

In the glaze/topping, I switched out sweet chili for chili garlic sauce, and I substituted half the ketchup for Stubb's barbecue sauce.

Method: I Vitamixed the carrots and onions and then sauteed them so I only needed to mash everything with a potato masher before putting it in the loaf pan.

lentil loaf vegan gluten-free | gothic granola

It slices very well and is properly filling. My father in law asked, "What are you cooking? That smells good!" It does indeed smell like traditional meatloaf. In all my years of being vegan and vegetarian, I haven't made this staple of veggie protein-centric meals.

lentil loaf vegan gluten-free | gothic granola

Parting shots:

I've been making tea for TC to drink instead of soda. This is green tea with honey in recycled kombucha bottles.

lentil loaf vegan gluten-free | gothic granola

It pays to buy expensive sportbike tires...you might get a Leatherman.

vegan gluten free | gothic granola

This Cooksimple Cowboy Chili was hearty and filling, with quinoa and beans. However, it expired on 3/9/16, yet the coupon included--which I was going to use--expired on 12/31/14. Bummer.

vegan gluten free | gothic granola vegan gluten free | gothic granola

My latest adventures in cereal: Freedom Foods' Maple Crunch. Now this cereal tastes and crunches like my beloved French Toast Crunch. Bring on the sugar rush!

vegan gluten free | gothic granola vegan gluten free | gothic granola

Comments

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts responsibly.

Popular posts from this blog

Ave Atque Vale

Grilled Leek Colcannon