Easing the Spiritual Cramp | Juice Fast II

Fasting brings me back to the natural swing of things: fatigue, hunger, boredom, interest, what gives me joy and what causes me pain. It takes a chainsaw to the social, political, religious, et aliis reasons and justifications I build around certain behaviours.







From conversations with friends over the past few weeks, I gathered that it's a privilege have had the training to be a researcher and public speaker.  I can both find/make results and deliver them with flair. Turning the "critical lens" on myself and my world yields insights and possibilities for my next steps. During my second juice fast of 2014, the results of the critical lens' scan seem particularly glaring.



Cranberry Carrot Juice

5 1/2-inch diameter carrots, peeled if not organic and cut into big chunks
1 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen
2 red delicious apples, cored and cut into big chunks
1-inch chunk ginger
water to cover

Combine the above in a blender and blitz to oblivion.  Bottle and chill until time to consume.


Parting shots:

Another study telling us that taking lunch break makes us more productive and overall better employees. I supported this sentiment in Sandwich over a year ago.


Videre licet, recess.


Went to Khepra's Raw Food Juice Bar with my friend Lizzy. Curse reversed.



I can die a thousand times
But I will always be here
with the power skull secrets
of forgotten years

Yes, Virginia, deathrock has wellness advice...we are our own best advisors if we'd simply shut up and show up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ave Atque Vale